I know what your thinking right now and its not true! Pumpkin baked goods do not just have to be enjoyed during the fall season, they can be enjoyed year round and I am here to prove it! Once you take a bite out of one of these warm pumpkin treats you will be screaming for more. So follow along this simple recipe with me so you can impress your friends and family at the next big gathering!
Makes 12 cupcakes
2 cups All purpose flour
1 cup White sugar
*1 ½ tsp Pumpkin pie spice
1 ½ tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Baking soda
½ tsp Salt
2 Eggs at room temperature
1 cup Canned pumpkin
**½ cup Buttermilk
¼ cup Vegetable oil
1 Package of cream cheese, softened (250g)
1 tbsp Unsalted butter at room temperature
1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
1 cup Powdered sugar
*No pumpkin pie spice? 1 tsp ground cinnamon, ½ tsp ground ginger, ¼ tsp ground nutmeg, ¼ tsp ground cloves
**No Buttermilk? Add 1 tbsp of vinegar or lemon juice to a cup of milk and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and fill the muffin pan with paper liners or spray with oil.
- Use a large bowl to whisk together flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the canned pumpkin, buttermilk and oil and mix altogether.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients in two additions and mix with a beater until moist or just incorporated.
- Fill the muffin pan with the batter until it is level with the pan. This will give you a medium sized muffin top. If you would like an even bigger muffin top feel free to over fill a bit! Place the pan in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- In a medium sized bowl beat together the cream cheese, butter and vanilla. Beat in sugar until smooth or to your desired consistency.
- Spread the icing on the cupcakes and enjoy!