I know the name of these cookies is a mouth full but I just couldn’t help myself. My mouth is seriously watering right now just thinking of my creation that is still up for grabs upstairs. Sometimes when I bake, I end up eating the entire batch and not feeling bad at all. This is one of those recipes! If you read my previous post for Zebra Cookies than you will understand my rule. It just doesn’t make sense for me to ever recommend anyone else a recipe of mine if I do not want fifths myself. I guess that is a very important reason why I have been doing so much exercise lately. From completing my first two kick-boxing classes, to playing basketball for the first time in months (GoBooya!), to filling up the win column with my soccer team and of course jogging in the rain, I have been able to stay in shape. Just joking but seriously!
The MnM’s in these cookies were used primarily because I have a Costco sized bag of them in the pantry. So I figured why not just throw them in. Warning:
There may be a few more recipes with MnM’s in them soon because they are awesome and I have tons of them, so beware. The other ingredients, namely the coconut, oats, dark chocolate and Corn Flakes, were thrown in for taste, comfort and crunch! Please try these easy to make cookies and hopefully they can wet your appetite as they did mine. I know what your serving for dinner tonight!
Makes 36 cookies
½ cup Unsalted butter, softened
½ cup Sugar
1 Large egg
½ tsp Pure vanilla extract
½ cup Fresh sweetened coconut flakes
1 cup Quick cooking oats
1 cup All purpose flour
½ tsp Baking powder
½ tsp Baking soda
¼ tsp Ground cinnamon
¼ tsp Salt
¾ cup Crushed Corn Flakes
¼ cup Sunflower seeds
2/3 cup 60-70% Dark chocolate, chopped
½ cup M&M’s, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the egg, coconut and vanilla and beat until incorporated, about 5 seconds. Set aside.
- Grab a medium bowl and whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, salt, Corn Flakes and sunflower seeds.
- Add the flour mixture in 2 additions to the sugar mixture. Mixing until incorporated after each addition, about 10-15 seconds.
- Next, fold in the MnM’s and the dark chocolate.
- Place tablespoon sized drops of dough on the prepared cookie sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies start to golden on the sides and on the top.
- Take cookies out and let cook on pan for 5 more minutes and then place on cooling racks for another 5 minutes. Enjoy with some vanilla ice cream if you so dare!