I just got back from a run around Discovery Park in Seattle and could not help myself but to blog with my new found energy surge. I don’t know how I woke up so early to go a run but I did. I haven’t done that since I was training for the Rock N’ Roll Half Marathon in Seattle last June! When I first turned the corner to see the Olympic Mountain Range sitting right there in front of me, waking up so early didn’t feel so hard after all. The only bad part about seeing such beauty is that my legs almost stopped to say, “enjoy the view because the rain will be coming soon!”
These Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup and Honey cookies are a creation of mine that I just had to try. Growing up, I always loved having some peanut butter and honey on toast when I woke up and right before I went to bed. They just spark so many memories of my childhood. Now I have put this experience in one cookie.. The peanut butter and honey taste is prominent enough that you will wonder if you are having toast or a cookie! Of course these cookies are also enjoyed hot out of the oven with some vanilla ice cream, just like all of my recipes!
Makes 44 PB and H cookies
1 cup Granulated sugar
¼ cup Brown sugar
½ cup Butter, unsalted
2 Large Eggs
1/3 cup Clover honey or regular
1 cup Peanut Butter
1 ¾ cups All-purpose flour
1 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp Salt
½ tsp Cinnamon
2 cups Oats
1 pkg Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, miniature sized and halved
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, beat together the sugars and butter. Mix until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time until incorporated. Add the honey and peanut butter and mix until incorporated.
- In medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and oats.
- Add the flour mixture into the sugar mixture in 2 additions. Mixing until each addition is incorporated.
- Put 12 tbsp sized drops of dough on each cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. Alternating the pans halfway through the baking time.
- Let the cookies cool on pan for a few minutes then place one halved peanut butter cup on each cookie. The chocolate should melt a little if you let the cookies cool for a bit already. Transfer to wire racks to finish cooling and enjoy!