Wowzers, these cookies must be caught up in the galaxies because they are flying high on top of planet amazing. When I was looking for inspiration online for my next baking extravaganza, I dropped by a recipe that blew me away. Not only was there peanut butter, but there was chocolate too! The perfect combination. But instead of stopping there I had to invite a few of my own buddies to the cookie party including, none other than, Mr. Skor Bar! And boy did he make his presence known. Skor just adds a little crunch here and a little garnish there to complete this party in your mouth. So bake away and maybe your cookies will be out of this world too!
Makes around 20 delicious cookies
1 cup All-purpose flour
1 tsp Baking soda
¼ tsp Salt
½ cup Unsalted butter, at room temperature
¾ cup Creamy peanut butter
½ cup Granulated sugar
1/3 cup Light brown sugar
½ tsp Pure vanilla extract
1 Large egg
½ cup Rolled oats
½ cup Skor Bar bits (+extra for sprinkling on top)
¾ cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- On medium speed, cream together the butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and beat to combine. On low speed, add the flour in 2 additions until just combined after each addition. Stir in the oats, skor and then the chocolate chips.
- Use a tablespoon to measure each cookies and drop dough onto prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly golden around the edges. Cool completely on the baking sheet and then enjoy!
- I strongly suggest you double this recipe because each person will have 3-4 cookies because they are soo good!