Constipated? Having problems getting your bowels moving on a regular basis? Well, you have come to the right baking site! I am going to show you today how it’s possible to overcome your toilet fear and how you can become someone who goes at least once a day. The Mr.Regular muffin is an all new creation that is both 1)delicious and 2)healthy. Now your thinking, “those two words never go together!” “The last time someone told me that I had an immediate regurgitation reflex after my first bite.” The Male Baker is here to tell you that delicious and healthy can be safely beside each other forever with the all new Mr.Regular Muffin! Now say, “they can!”
And a special thanks goes out to my mom who had the brilliant idea for these muffins!
Makes 24.2 muffins
- 2 ½ cups 10 grain cereal (Bobs)
- 1 cup Natural bran
- 1 cup Wheat germ
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 2 tsp Baking soda
- 2 pinches Sea salt
- ½ cup Butter
- ½ cup Unsweetened apple sauce
- ¾ cup Brown sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 6 Bananas, medium, and mashed
- 2 tbsp Molasses
- 1 ½ cup Buttermilk
- 2 cups Mixed unsalted nuts, chopped and/or a mixture of seeds (I used hazelnuts, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds to equal 2 cups)
- 2 cups Chocolate chips and/or Raisons (optional)
- Grease up 16 muffin cups or use paper liners and preheat the oven to 375F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the 10 grain cereal, natural bran, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt. Whisk together well.
- In another large bowl, cream together the butter, apple sauce, brown sugar, and eggs.
- Stir in mashed bananas, molasses, and buttermilk until incorporated.
- Add liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients in two additions and stir until everything is moistened and mixed together.
- Fold in nuts and raisins. Save some nuts to dazzle the tops with for presentation!
- Fill the muffin cups, toss some extra nuts on top, and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the tops are golden brown.
- Now enjoy your new creation! You will be back to being healthy and regular all in one muffin…just wait 1 hour. 🙂