I just made a leap of faith. I made my first cookie recipe with NO WHITE FLOUR!
Previously, all of my recipes contained white flour and I thought it would be good to try out whole wheat flour for a change. I quickly got down to work and started on my first all whole wheat flour cookie. Full of whole wheat flour (no white flour at all!), whole grain oats, coconut flakes, and dark chocolate Kisses, these cookies will make your day better. Have fun!
Makes 36 cookies
Adapted from about.com
1 cup Butter, at room temperature
¾ cup Brown sugar, lightly packed
¾ cup Granulated sugar
2 Large eggs
2 tsp Vanilla
2 cups Whole wheat flour
½ tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp Baking powder
1 ½ cups Rolled oats, quick
2 cups Coconut flakes, unsweetened or sweetened
30-40 Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Kisses
1. Preheat the oven to 375C and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter, white sugar, and brown sugar together and beat until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat well.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder
5. Add to butter mixture in 2 parts.
6. Mix in oats and coconut. Drop by tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets.
7. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
8. Once cooled for 2 minutes on the baking sheets, place the dark chocolate kisses in the middle in each of the cookies.
9. Cool on rack and devour with whoever is around!